Half Marathon – 13.1 miles UKA measured (licence pending) traffic free race on gravel paths
Kids Fun Run – cancelled for 2020
ENTRY LIMITS & CLOSING DATE
Half Marathon entries close when we reach our limit and there are STRICTLY NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
Please enter early to avoid disappointment. We will keep you updated on limits on our website and social media channels.
Leamington Spa Half Marathon – Before 31/12/2019, 23:59 – £30 for UKA affiliates / £32 for non UKA affiliates. From 01/01/2020 – £32 for UKA affiliates / £34 for non UKA affiliates
Kids Fun Run (16 years and under) – cancelled
Half Marathon – runners must be aged 17 or over on race day
Half Marathon – 08:30 start for the first wave. Waves will be released in regular intervals from then.
Warwick Racecourse, Hampton Street, Warwick, CV34 6HN
The baggage drop is located in our event village at Warwick Racecourse.
FINISH & CUT OFF TIME
The race will finish at Warwick Racecourse.
Your chipped race number will be posted out to the address you registered upon entry approximately 1 week prior to the event. Registrations made within the last 3/4 weeks may not have their bib posted and will need to collect from the Event HQ from 6.30am on race morning (exact cut-off date TBC).
Race day information will be available on the website, please note due to our environmental policy this will not be posted out.
If you lose or forget your number please visit our Event HQ on the day or you will not get a time or position.
Ahead of the event, please remember to complete the details required on the back of your race number.
Warwick is easily accessible by car, bicycle and public transport.
The Event HQ will be located within Warwick Racecourse near to the start and finish of the race start of the race.
Postcode: CV34 6HN
Please click here for details of car parking with the town centre area.
There are a number of pay and display car parks clearly signposted in and around Warwick town centre.
Please click here for details of car parks.
We would also encourage runners and spectators to park further out of the town centre and walk or cycle in to the Racecourse.
There are lots of bus routes into and out of the town centre too.
If possible, familiarise yourself with the area prior to the event to avoid delays on the day.
Should you wish to stay overnight there are lots of hotels and B&B’s in and around the town centre.
Toilets will be provided in the Event Village (start and finish line).
A drinks station with water and electrolyte drinks will be available every lap.
Exact locations TBC.
There will be distance markers every mile of the Half Marathon.
The Half Marathon will be ran on gravel footpaths. The course has been measured without cutting corners.
Full route TBC.
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS & PRIZE GIVING
1st, 2nd & 3rd male and female winners prize giving will take place after all six runners have finished the race.
The prizes for the following categories will be handed out as the 1st placed male and female winners finish:
Master over 45
Master over 55
Master over 65
There will not be any changing or shower facilities at this event (other than within toilets) therefore runners are advised to arrive ready to run.
There will be storage for runners baggage within the Event Village at Warwick Racecourse. This facility will be available from 07:30 on the day.
MEDAL, T-SHIRT & GOODY BAG
Entry includes a bespoke medal, short sleeved technical t-shirt and goody bag with a snack – which you’ll receive at the finishing line.
It also includes water at the start / finish and drink stations.
Warwick Racecourse will be home to the Event Village which will contain the start and finish line, Event HQ and kids zone.
Cheer on your family and friends as they start and finish the race.
If the sun is shining (fingers crossed!) then bring your picnic blankets, grab a bite to eat and enjoy some family time whilst waiting for your loved ones to cross the finishing line or take a stroll around Warwick’s many shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. https://visitwarwick.co.uk/
If you have little (and not so little!) ones then how about joining them in the Marathon Kids Fun Run that will start once all of the Half Marathon runners have set off.
There will be lots to see and do on the day, that’s for sure!
Runner safety is our priority so you can rest assured that we will have qualified medics available to assist on the day, if required.
It is essential you write your emergency contacts details on the reverse of your race number along with any medical conditions. In the event of an emergency it is essential we have this information to help you if needed. Please DO NOT RUN if you are not feeling well in the lead up to the event.
In the interest of the safety of the runners and general public and in consultation with local authorities, it has been decided that it is not possible to stage an event of this scale on closed roads at this time. Therefore we will stage the race within the grounds of Warwick Racecourse, and no road closures will be necessary.
The Leamington Spa Half Marathon is registered and ran under UKA race rules (liecence pending) which can be found at:
The course will be officially measured taking the racing line which is the shortest route without cutting corners or running on grass verges.
Cutting corners will mean you may not be running the full distance of your event so please follow the route with this in mind.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATION, TRANSFERS
Entry fees are non-refundable.
Should the event not go ahead for any circumstance outside of the organisers control, once all relevant fees have been paid any remaining monies will be donated to charity.
Once entered, if you’re unable to partake in the event and would like to to transfer to an alternative Raceways event please email the organiser at least 1 month prior to the event date.
Runners are not permitted to transfer their race number to another runner if they cannot run as this runner will not be insured if they are running in another runners name and will therefore be held liable if there was an accident. UKA members will be in breach of their licence if another runner takes their place which may result in a potential ban from future UKA affiliated events
PRE EVENT COMMUNICATIONS
Official photography will be posted on the website shortly after the event.
Your Race Day were our Official Photographers to the Leamington Spa Half Marathon 2019.
Your photographs are available for you to view and order from their website. Check out their website for more details – http://www.yourraceday.co.uk
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Organising an event requires a considerable amount of forward planning, time, risk and expense. Approximately 9 – 12 months prior to our events taking place, work begins and costs are incurred. These include administrative, insurance, advertising, marketing, equipment, website and staff costs.
As an event draws nearer, we continue to incur costs, many in relation to the number of entrants in the event. From the moment we receive your entry we expend funds and apply them in good faith in relation to your entry.
The following ‘Terms & Conditions’ are set in place to ensure that we provide participants with safe and enjoyable events throughout the year.
1. Raceways Events CIC are the organisers of the event.
2. The event refers to any event listed on the Raceways website.
Conditions of Entry
3. By entering any Raceways event, all entrants agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
4. Entrants are responsible for supplying accurate information during their event application process.
4.1 Entrants who supply incorrect information regarding age or date of birth will not be eligible for age group prizes.
4.2 Any changes to information supplied by the entrant must be emailed to the organiser at email@example.com 2 weeks prior to the event.
4.3 Runners entered by someone else are still bound by the Terms & Conditions.
5. Entrants understand the level of ability required to compete in an event and will not hold the organisers responsible for any illness or injury as a result of their participation in an event.
6. Entrants agree to participate in any Raceways event at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever shall be attached to the event organisers, sponsors, venue or any other persons involved in the organisation of this event. The entrant takes full responsibility for any injury, accident, loss or damage (to person or property) suffered by the entrant during the event.
7. A confirmation of entry email will be sent via our online registration partner after an entrant has successfully entered an event.
8. The entrant is responsible for reading the details and description of the event as published on the organiser’s website and other relevant information regarding the event sent to you by the organiser.
Withdrawal, Refund and Transfer Policy
Raceways will endeavour to make sure we provide you with the event you entered, as with other events (cinema, gigs, festivals, sports etc) if after paying for them you have to withdraw, you will not receive a refund regardless as to the reason (injury, pregnancy, business, travel). However under certain circumstances we will be happy to transfer you to another Raceways event.
9. Entrants wishing to withdraw from any Raceways event must email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Entrants must request a withdrawal at least 1 month before an event. Entrants who make requests after these time constraints will not be considered for an event transfer.
11. Providing 9 & 10 are correctly fulfilled the organisers will defer your entry to the same event the following year or transfer your entry to another Raceways event worth the same amount or less than your original event.
12. Under no circumstances will entrants be allowed to transfer their entry to another individual.
Cancellation/postponement and changes in of Events
If for any reason the organiser is forced to cancel an event refunds will not be given due to the costs incurred described in our terms and conditions above. However as all Raceways events are in aid of charity we will donate all fees to the charity Kids Run Free after incurred costs are allocated.
14. If an event has to be postponed for any reason, the organisers will notify you of the new date and venue of the rearranged event. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to the rearranged event. No refund will be given if you do not wish to participate in the rearranged event.
15. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the entrant’s participation in any event entirely at their discretion.
16. Arrangements for the event including venue, date and programme may be subject to change. The entrant will be notified of any changes prior to the date of the event.
17.On race day the entrant must abide by any rules or regulations set down by the governing body, event organisers or venue owners.
18. The entrant must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, officials, volunteers, spectators and organisers. If at any point the entrant behaves in a manner which is, in the organiser’s opinion, poor sportsmanship or risks the safety of others the entrant will be disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
19. The entrant is responsible for the safe keeping of their personal property and possessions. Neither the organiser nor the venue will take any responsibility for entrant’s property or possessions.
20. The organiser is not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide services at the event.
21. The entrant authorises the use of their name, voice and picture and any information provided on the event entry form for Raceways events to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising.
22. The entrant also agrees that the information provided may be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the Event charity, race sponsors products and services.
23. The organisers have absolute discretion regarding the allocation of prizes.
24. Prizes must be collected at the allocated prize giving unless otherwise stated.
Offers and Discounts
25. The organisers may run offers and discounts which may be available for a certain period of time.
26. The organisers can withdraw an offer or discount at any time for any reason.
27. No offers will be back dated or issued to competitors which have already entered